- Participate in defining the objectives of each test with the development teams and the user researchers;
- With the help of the other researchers, design research protocols based on the objectives;
- Participate in the recruitment and management of participants before and after each test;
- Conduct the research studies, monitor the participants and collect any relevant notes on their behavior and reaction;
- Participate in setting up the laboratory before and after each test;
- From the observations, structured interviews & questionnaires during the test, write research results in a relevant and actionable way to help developers improve the quality of the game for the consumers.
Experience & Qualifications
- Achieving a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Psychology, Sociology, Marketing, Marketing research, Information science or related field;
- Open-minded, autonomous and resourceful;
- Skills in writing presentations;
- Able to identify clearly problems (in the games tested) and organize the information (by priorities, level of impact);
- Analytical skills, especially when talking about video games;
- Experience with research, or qualitative research techniques or user testing is a plus. If not, be passionate about it;
- Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint;
- Basic understanding of game development processes, a plus;
- Analytical skills/critical mind when it comes to video games.
- Adaptable, action oriented, paying attention to details;
- Efficient time management;
- Empathetic, excellent relationship and soft skills.
Motivation & Interests
- Interest for User Research in general;
- Motivated to learn about gamer’s behavior and ready to improve games through user research;
- Having a genuine passion for video games is essential.