Today, we’re diving into the gameplay of Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy and giving you an in-depth look at how you lead the Guardians as Star-Lord throughout the adventure. First, take a look at our combat-focused video:
The Guardians have unique roles and abilities, and the combat is all about using each of their strengths, as well as Star-Lord’s, to defeat enemies with efficiency and style.
- Rocket is the explosive specialist, great at taking out multiple enemies at once with this grenades and guns.
- Groot is the protector of the group. His vines canimmobilize adversaries, setting up the team for powerful attacks. He can also bring back fallen team members if you flark things up.
- Drax is literally a wrecking ball, he’s the best at inflicting stagger damage and stunning enemies.
- Gamora takes out enemies with finesse and fury. She dishes out massive health damage with deadly single target attacks.
- Finally, Star-Lord is the leader with the versatile combat style: thanks to his jet boots, you can cut across the battlefield or get a bird’s eye view, letting you strategize your next move. His elemental blasters will let you take on enemies in melee or from afar. And the best thing about them? As you’ll progress in the game, you will unlock new elements, each with unique advantages.
During combat, combine all of the Guardians’ abilities and create devastating combos to take down the wide range of cosmic enemies you’ll face: humanoids, creatures, monsters, robots and more. Some of them are boss fights!
Next, check out how you’ll lead the Guardians outside of combat: whether you’re abaord the Milano, exploring planets and locales, or simply customizing your team.
The Milano is your home: this is where you’ll have opportunities to get to know Gamora, Drax, Rocket and Groot, and learn facets of their personalities and backstories you’ve never seen before.
Of course, you will get to explore weird and dangerous planets, as well as iconic Marvel locations. Just like in combat, the Guardians’ abilities will come in handy while you travel, as each of them can help you solve environmental puzzles.
Throughout the adventure, you’ll get many opportunities to make choices, which will have repercussions on how the story plays out, and on your relationship with the Guardians.
Choose wisely how you distribute the ability points you’ll earn as you progress through the game, to unlock new skills for your Guardians! You can also upgrade Star-Lord’s gear and unlock new perks with the help of Rocket.
Finally, we’re excited to say that there are over 40 outifts within the game, from comic-accurate to brand new designs, for you to customize Star-Lord and the Guardians’ looks!
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy is coming October 26, 2021 to PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC. Pre-order now to obtain an early unlock of the Throwback Guardians Outfit Pack.
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Cloud Version for Nintendo Switch also coming October 26.