As we inch ever closer to launch, we wanted to give you an overview of the in-game settings you’ll be able to find in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy! From controls to audio, languages, difficulty and accessibility, these are the options that will allow you to tailor the experience to your needs.
- Guardians Mode Input Type – Hold/Press
- Star-Lord’s Abilities Input Type – Hold/Press
- Vibration – On/Off
- Invert X/Y Axis (Default + Spaceship) – On/Off
- Invert Stick (Spaceship) On/Off
- X/Y Axis Sensitivity – Sliders
Mouse and Keyboard
- Key Bindings
- Double Press Directional Keys to Dash – On/Off
- Invert Mouse X/Y (Default + Spaceship) – On/Off
- Mouse X/Y Sensitivity – Slider
- Volume Adjustments (Master, Sound Effects, Voice, Music) – Sliders
- Licensed Audio – On/Off. This option removes all copyrighted musical contents and replaces it with alternatives in some instances.
- Customizable Speaker Configuration – allows players to select the best-suited profile of audio configuration for their needs.
- Mono Speaker Configuration – allows players to have all audio directed towards a single channel.
- Loud Volume – Slider. Adjust the highest playback level of the loudest sounds to help minimize sudden peaks in soundscape.
- EQ Presets – This feature aims to support players that desire to adjust specific frequencies. For example, players that suffer from tinnitus or that are sensitive to specific sounds can lower the presence of these problematic frequencies by selecting a fitting profile.
- Focus Mix – On/Off. Allows players to experience the game with a stronger emphasis placed on the narrative and gameplay related elements of the soundscape.
- Subtitles – On/Off
- Overheard Subtitles – On/Off
- Closed Captions – On/Off
- Show Character Name – On/Off
- Subtitle Size – Very Small to Very Large
- Letter Spacing – Slider
- Force Bold Text – On/Off
- Enable Background – On/Off
- Invert Background Color – On/Off
- Background Opacity – Slider
On top of the usual presets, we’ve made it possible for players to independently adjust many sub-options for difficulty.
Easy – You got this
Intended – You got this, probably
Hard – You don’t got this
Custom – I do it my way
Sub-categories of difficulty settings
- Guardians Mode Slowdown – Slider
- Damage Dealt – Very Low to Very High
- Guardians Cooldown Duration – Slider
- Huddle Auto-Win – On/Off
- Cost of Elemental Shots – Slider
- Damage Received – Very Low to Very High
- Shield Regeneration – Very Low to Very High
- Death Event Timer – Easy to Hardcore
- Vulnerability Timer – Slider
- Death Gate – Very Easy to Very Hard
- Objects Outline – On/Off
- Compass System – On/Off
- Hints System – Instant to None
Target Lock Options
- Disable Target Lock Break – On/Off
- Target Lock Break Delay – Slider
- Aiming Lock Break Stick Deadzone – Slider
- Enable Lock Target Switching – On/Off
- Elemental Lock Situation – Always to Never
- Initial Target Lock Range – Slider
- Automatic Target Lock range – On/Off
- Auto Lock on Next Target – On/Off
Target Switching Options
- Target Switching Initial Delay – Slider
- Target Switching Repeat Delay – Slider
- Target Switching Stick Deadzone – Slider
- Auto-Win Quick Time Events – On/Off
- Objective Log Display Timer – Slider
- Exploration Dot – On/Off
- Exploration Dot Transparency – Slider
We’re working on a few more features that we are looking to add post-launch. Stay tuned for details, and as always, we welcome your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general inquiries and customer support, please refer to the Square Enix Support Center.
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy is coming October 26, 2021 to PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC. Pre-order now to obtain an early unlock of the Throwback Guardians Outfit Pack.
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Cloud Version for Nintendo Switch also coming October 26.